[BioC] HOW TO FIND THE SIMILAR GENES FROM BETWEEN TWO FILES

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 28 17:27:05 CEST 2005

Hi Han,
  If they are delimited files (either csv or tab, or ...) you can use
read.table or similar functions in R (the man pages will describe
alternatives). Make sure you set the as.is parameter (or you get
factors), and colClasses, which can allow you to skip over columns
(probably what you want, if you only want to find which ones are in common).

  then you can use match -  or %in%, again the man page is going to tell
you what arguments you can set

  best wishes,
   Robert