[BioC] random block effect and technical replicates within array at the same in linear model using Limma ?

Peter Sørensen (HAG) Peter.Sorensen2 at agrsci.dk
Thu Jun 2 11:47:15 CEST 2005

Dear list,

I have an experiment with 24 arrays.
I have 3 factors each with 2 levels and 12 blocks (1,1,2,2,3,3,....,12,12).
Each gene is replicated 4 times on each array.

I know how to fit blocks as random as explained in the Limma manual (Technical replication I)
I know how to account for the replication within arrays.

Is it possible to fit random block effect and technical replicates within array at the same in linear model using Limma ?

Thanks
Peter