[BioC] Affymetrix SDK Bioconductor package?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Jun 2 15:47:56 CEST 2005

Hi James,

On 21 May 2005, bullard at berkeley.edu wrote:
> We are hopeful that people will think this is a good idea - we
> cannot see any reason why this would not be a good addition to
> Bioconductor, and would very much like to finish the work with the
> blessing of the BioC community.

Extending Bioconductor's ability to parse binary Affy data sounds like
a good thing, as long as there are no license issues with respect to
the Affymetrix SDK (as Tony mentioned).

If I understand what you've described, the logical place for this
functionality would be in the affy package itself (not another package
that duplicates existing functionality).  So a good starting point
would be to contact Raphael, the affy maintainer (see DESCRIPTION file
of affy).

In general, this sort of extending/adding-on/improving of existing
packages is very much appreciated and possibly even blessed :-)

Best Wishes,

+ seth