[BioC] 100K SNP chips for linkage

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Jun 2 15:58:20 CEST 2005

Justine Peeters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there were any R packages as yet for analysing 100K Affy
> SNP chips specifically for linkage/autozygosity? Is there anyone who has
> experience in analysing 100K SNP chips?

Not yet, but we are working on it. The existing infrastructure for
handling raw Affy data are not amenable to the new SNP chips, so we need
both a package to handle the raw data as well as a package with the
methods to analyze.

We are still in the preliminary stages, but hopefully will have
something useful this Summer. In the interim, Affy's GCOS will do the
linkage and SNP calls, and they also have a copy number tool if you are
interested in additions/deletions.

Best,

Jim