[BioC] IRC channel for BioC?

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Fri Jun 3 22:59:21 CEST 2005

On Jun 3, 2005, at 2:26 PM, Seth Falcon wrote:
> On  3 Jun 2005, ch-bioc at bobobeach.com wrote:
>> I was wondering the some thing. It probably wouldn't be too much
>> trouble to get a freenode channel set up and I, for one, think it
>> would be rather helpful.
>
> I think I just heard someone volunteer ;-)
>
> Let us know if you get a channel going.

Creating a channels is easy: just join the channel name.  If the
channel exists, you'll be able to join it.  If it does not exist, the
channel will be created on the fly.  For example, if you run
Mozilla's Chatzilla, click on this link:

   irc://freenode/bioconductor

Or in your favorite chat client:

   /server freenode
   /join #bioconductor

Some IM clients also support IRC (e.g. GAIM, Kopete).  I'm on the
#bioconductor channel now, if anyone wants to drop in and say hello.

The question is, is there enough interest to make it worthwhile
registering and maintaining the channel?

Regards,
- Robert