[BioC] Analyzing mulitple tissues

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon Jun 6 16:22:08 CEST 2005

Biological inference implies that the "signal" can be observed above the
biological variation.  If you have no biological replicates, you cannot
determine if your signal is higher than the biological variation.

So, there is no statistically valid means of analyzing your data that
improves on an arbitrary choice of "fold difference", such as 2-fold
difference.

Associate Professor
Bioinformatics Consulting Center
University Park, PA 16802-2111