[BioC] Ruuid requires specific MAKEFLAGS setting on Fedora Core 2

Jan T. Kim jtk at cmp.uea.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 20:51:36 CEST 2005

Dear all,

in the process of upgrading from R 2.0.1 to 2.1.0, I just installed
Bioconductor (again), and again, the installation of Ruuid (triggered
by getBioC("graph") required manual intervention because the glib headers
are not found by default:

    MAKEFLAGS='CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/glib-2.0\ -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include' R CMD INSTALL Ruuid

This is on a Fedora Core 2 system. Is it just me or the system being
weird and requiring this MAKEFLAGS setting? I seem to recall seeing
messages reporting difficulties installing Ruuid / Rgraphviz and thinking
that these may be related to this issue... so, perhaps, the MAKEFLAGS
hack above might be useful to others, and perhaps, (other) others can
tell me what's weird with my system?

Best regards, Jan
 |    *NEW*    email: jtk at cmp.uea.ac.uk                               |
 |    *NEW*    WWW:   http://www.cmp.uea.ac.uk/people/jtk             |