[BioC] misnamed annotation environments with annaffy

Jacob Michaelson jjmichael at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 03:17:02 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Several months ago I built a custom annotation package for Affy's
Yeast 2.0 chip.  Both I and the function I used gave some
inconvenient names to the environments within the package and I've
had some problems with annaffy because of it.

My problem:

An environment named "YEAST2GENENAMES" contains information normally
found by annaffy under the "SYMBOL" label.

An environment named "YEAST2DESCRIPTION" contains information
normally found by annaffy under the "GENENAMES" label.

The result of this is that nothing from DESCRIPTION is displayed (to
my knowledge, annaffy doesn't handle DESCRIPTIONs), and the
information in GENENAMES is displayed in the wrong place.

Where do I need to do the renaming and can I do it with the package
already built?

Thanks in advance,

Jake