[BioC] Questions about R on linux

Kasper Daniel Hansen kaha at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Jun 20 18:49:14 CEST 2005

The editor you bring up in R is set either through the
  options(editor = ...)
command or by setting your R_EDITOR environment variable. The last thing
you can do in several ways, but an easy way is to create a file in your
home directory called
  ~/.Renviron
and in that file have a line like
R_EDITOR=/usr/bin/nano
or something. I do not think that linux has the options of a spreadsheet
like interface to data interogation, but I never use it anyway, so I may
be completely out of phase. If it has it might be using "gnumeric" which
is an oss spreadsheet.

Saving a plot: one way is to plot sirectly to the device, such as
  pdf(file = "test.pdf")  ## opens a pdf file
  plot(1:10, 1:10)  ## make a plot
  dev.off()  ## close the device
Another way is to use dev.copy, try eg.
  dev.copy2eps(file = "test.eps") ## copying directly to an eps file

Kasper