[BioC] error message with GCRMA

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jun 27 20:22:18 CEST 2005

Rich,

That most certainly is at least a major part of the problem. R is now
at version 2.1.1, so the version you are running is dirt-old and not
compatible with anything (don't you love how time flies?). Try upgrading
to R-2.1.1 and running getBioC().

You may also need the developer tools installed (not sure about that
one, but I believe you need this in order to compile anything that has C
or Fortran code).

Best,

Jim

>>> Richard Friedman <friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu> 6/27/2005
2:11:02 PM >>>
Jim,

	Is tried downloading the affy bundle and it said that I needed
R greater than 2.0 (I am running 1.9.0) Can that be part of my
problem?

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich

On Jun 27, 2005, at 2:03 PM, Richard Friedman wrote:

> Jim,
>
> 	Thanks as always for your prompt reply.
> I tried it, but it didn't work.
>
> Here is a record of the session.
>
> Best wishes,
> Rich
>

> library(reposTools)
>> install.packages2("mgu74av2probe")
> Warning message:
> cannot open: HTTP status was `403 Forbidden'
> Note: http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/package/Win32
does
> not seem to have a valid repository, skipping
> Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value
of:
> Source
> This will be fine for almost all users
>
> Error in if ((is.null(deps)) || (length(deps) == 0) || (deps == ""))
> return(NULL) :
> 	missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
>> ls()
> [1] "Data"                  "affinity.spline.coefs" "last.warning"
>      "mgu74av2cdf"
>> ls(packages:mgu74av2probe)
> Error in try(name) : Object "mgu74av2probe" not found
> Error in as.environment(pos) : no item called
"packages:mgu74av2probe"
> in the search list
>
> On Jun 27, 2005, at 1:17 PM, James MacDonald wrote:
>
>> Hi Rich,
>>
>> The package is supposed to get downloaded and installed for you,
but
>> evidently there is some more work to be done there. What you need
is
>> the
>> mgu74av2probe package, which is different from the mgu74av2
package.
>> For
>> now you can install by hand and go from there. I would recommend
using
>> reposTools:
>>
>> library(reposTools)
>> install.packages2("mgu74av2probe")
>>
>> Should get you going.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Jim

>> 12:53:16 PM >>>
>> Dear Bioconductor list,
>>
>> 	I am returning to using bioconductor after
>> a long break and wish to use gcrma. I
>> get the error message
>>   eset<-gcrma(Data)
>> Computing affinitiesError in library(probepackagename,
character.only