[BioC] single color microarray analysis

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Thu Mar 3 19:02:42 CET 2005

This is simply not true. I almost always work with a matrix of
normalised expressions (row representing probesets and columns
representing the arrays). And I mostly work with Affymetrix data. I have
recently started using LIMMA and found it to be intuitive and easy.

I would consider "normalization" to be part of the pre-processing stage
and not the analysis. I am afraid that once you have done the summary
step (16 probe pairs into a single probeset), you cannot re-normalise
without the CEL files.

It is true that the LIMMA documentations focuses more on two-colour
arrays because they are more difficult to analyse because of the more
complex designs that are possible due to dye assignment issue.

Having said that, the LIMMA documentations are pretty clear (with many
example) how to analyse the Affymetrix data.

See Section 9 onwards of the LIMMA User Guide. There is a very simple
example in Section 9.2.

Regards, Adai