[BioC] Partial F-test using LIMMA

David Henderson DNADave at U.Arizona.Edu
Tue Mar 8 17:15:49 CET 2005

Without hacking into the code behind LIMMA, is there a way to perform
partial F-tests for groups of variables outside of creating complicated
contrast matrices?  I have an experiment involving fixed time points
where the researcher would like to test these two hypotheses: H0_1: Is
any one of the early time points different from the other early time
points; and H0_2: Is any one of the late time points different from the
other late time points.  It should be obvious that this is best attacked
using a partial F, but how to implement this in LIMMA??

Thanks!!

Dave H

PS I'm in digest mode and will reply when I receive the digest.
Alternatively cc me on your reply to the list.
--
David A. Henderson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Animal Genetics, CALS