[BioC] gcrma and custom CDF files : how to make them work together?

Richard Finney rfinney5 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 23:30:32 CET 2005

I am having a little trouble torturing gcrma()
into accepting a custom CDF file created locally.
(Local in this case is R Ver 2.0.1 on a reasonably
recent linux box).

I can create and convince R/Bioc to accept
a custom CDF file in some cases.  It works
fine with rma() and mas5() . But ... gcrma
uses some "probepackage" thingamajig and goes
looking out on the internet for some custom
name for the custom cdf library I created and
of course does not find it.

What function/method do I need to run to create
a custom "probe information" file for my custom
CDF file  how do I make gcrma() use this new
information by looking locally for it and not
out on the internet?

Help.  pleez.

-rich