[BioC] boxplot

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Fri Mar 18 19:53:49 CET 2005

Dear Hirshi,

	The Y axis gives the quantile distribution of each slide.
The vertical line is the median. The colored boxes are the number
of intensities that fall within a certain range (I don't know what %
here).
For normalized data both the means and the boxes should pretty much
line up.

	On the X axis they refer to X01.Cel X02.CEL etc.

I hope that this helps,
Rich
On Mar 18, 2005, at 1:41 PM, Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am attaching a PDF of boxplot for my data,x-axis is
> the file names but what is the y-axis?! Also only some
> of the file names show up?
>
> Thanks,
> Hrishi

Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
Oncoinformatics Core
Lecturer
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Box 95, Room 130BB or P&S 1-420C
Columbia University Medical Center
630 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032
(212)305-6901 (5-6901) (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

"I would do more in the house, but you always beat me to it".
-Isaac Friedman, age 15