[BioC] Rdbi.PgSQL

Hrishikesh Deshmukh d_hrishikesh at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 16:06:45 CET 2005

Hi,

I am using Debian linux, i use apt-get to install
postgresql and installation is all done by apt-get
install command! Any pointers how to find postgresql
client libs on debian!

Thanks,
Hrishi

> library(reposTools)
> install.packages2("RdbiPgSQL")
Note: Using download type: Source
[1] "Attempting to download RdbiPgSQL from
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.5/package/Source"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing RdbiPgSQL"
* Installing *source* package 'RdbiPgSQL' ...
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... no

I could not find your PostgreSQL client libraries!
Use --with-pgsql-libraries=PATH; if running R's
INSTALL,
use --configure-args='--with-pgsql-libraries=PATH'; or
set PG_LIB_DIR in your environment to the library
path,
and rerun the configure/install.

ERROR: configuration failed for package 'RdbiPgSQL'
>From URL:
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.5/package/Source
        RdbiPgSQL version 1.0.9

Warning message:
Installation of package RdbiPgSQL had non-zero exit
status in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type,
lib, repEntry, versForce)
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.0.1, 2004-11-15, i386-pc-linux-gnu

attached base packages:
[1] "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"
"grDevices" "utils"
[7] "datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
reposTools