[BioC] help in arrayMagic?

Andreas Buness a.buness at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Mar 22 21:08:33 CET 2005

Dear Rebecca,

the error 'L-BFGS-B' is related to the normalisation method 'vsn'
and your specific data set. So e.g., if using 'loess' instead, the
error would not occur. Otherwise possibly change the options, e.g.
skip the argument 'hybridisationGroups' or specify 'pstart' for 'vsn'
in the function call of 'normalise'. cf. the discussion in

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ bioconductor/2004-May/004738.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ bioconductor/2004-June/005076.html

Non-unique identifiers cannot be used to label matrix rows without
ambiguity. But the call of 'qualityParameters' with argument
'spotIdentifier="Name"' as specified in the vignette should
give you results regarding your replicate spots.

Hope this helps, best regards
Andreas