[BioC] altcdfenvs error

Wu, Xiwei XWu at coh.org
Thu Mar 24 19:10:43 CET 2005

I was trying to build a cdfEnvAffy object from yeast2cdf following the
documentation of Alternative CDF environment for 2(or more)-genomes chips. I
got the following error. Am I missing sth here?

> yeastcdf <- wrapCdfEnvAffy(yeast2cdf, 496, 496, "yeast2cdf")
> print(yeastcdf)
Instance of class CdfEnvAffy:
 name     : yeast2cdf
 chip-type: yeast2cdf
 size     : 496 x 496
 10928 probe set(s) defined.
> ids <- geneNames(yeastcdf)
> ids.yeast<- scan(file="Y_IDs.txt", what="")
Read 5814 items
> sccdf <- yeastcdf[ids.yeast]
> print(sccdf)
Instance of class CdfEnvAffy:
 name     : yeast2cdf-subset
 chip-type: yeast2cdf
 size     : 496 x 496
 5814 probe set(s) defined.
> envsccdf <- as(sccdf, "environment")
> raw at cdfName <- "sccdf"
> boxplot(raw)
Error in as.environment(get(cdfname, inherits = FALSE, envir = where)) :
        Invalid object for as.environment
> raw at cdfName
[1] "sccdf"
> getCdfEnvAffy(raw)
Error in as.environment(get(cdfname, inherits = FALSE, envir = where)) :
        Invalid object for as.environment
> class(sccdf)
[1] "CdfEnvAffy"
attr(,"package")
[1] "altcdfenvs"

> raw at cdfName <- "envsccdf"
> class(envsccdf)
[1] "environment"
> boxplot(raw)
Error in ans[[i]][, i.probes] : incorrect number of dimensions

Any help will be highly appreicated.

Xiwei Wu, MD, PhD
Assistant Research Scientist
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Beckman Research Insitute
City of Hope National Medical Center
Duarte, CA 91010
Phone: (626) 359-8111 ext. 65071

"EMF <COH.org>" made the following annotations.