[BioC] multtest dependencies

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Mar 26 02:22:59 CET 2005

Hi Francois,

Francois Pepin <fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca> writes:
> is multtest supposed to depend on reposTools?

I think there is code in multtest to automagically load data
packages.  The author has asked me about ways of accomplishing this
without using reposTools and I have just recently sent on a solution.

So I expect the dependency on reposTools to go away in the next
release.

> The website does not cite any dependencies, and it loads genefilter,
> tools, survival, splines and reposTools.
>
> I don't mind about the first ones (although it should be noted), but I
> find loading up reposTools a bit annoying. It generates error messages
> (since I'm not running as root), and has me wondering why it would want
> to change my installation.

This is a separate issue and one which we will look into.  reposTools
should not generate any error messages upon loading.  It would be
helpful if you can provide us with some detail on the error message
you are seeing and what the permissions are on the relevant package
library directories.

Thanks for the report.

Best,

+ seth