[BioC] 217216_x_at is NOT dihydrolipoamide S-succinytransferase

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 29 04:10:12 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Mar 28, 2005, at 4:51 PM, Kevin Dawson wrote:

> Is any one of you the curator of the Affy annotation packages.
>
> The probeset 217216_x_at is mislabeled as dihydrolipoamide
> S-succinytransferase.
> The correct dihydrolipoamide S-succinytransferase is 215210_s_at
>
> On the other hand, 217216_x_at is "mismatch repair gene MLH3, mutL
> (E.coli)
> homolog 3; mutL homolog 3".

Hi,

   Can you please provide complete details on why you believe that to be
true (where did you get your information from, and did you check it
against the latest Entrez Gene to be sure). We have documented our
sources (see for example hgu133plus2 documentation).

> hgu133plus2GENENAME and hgu133plus2GENENAME are both incorrect. I
> didn't
> test others.

   They are the same? Sorry what did you check?

> Please let me know if you are able to fix this error in the next
> release.

   If it is, it will be fixed. And for sure lots of annotation will
change in the next release (it is constantly being updated).

   Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |