[BioC] gcrma problem

Wenqiong Chen wenchen at diversa.com
Tue Mar 29 20:45:18 CEST 2005

O.K, here is the step where the error started to occur when I run the content of the function "compute.affinities"..
"
> getProbePackage(probepackagename)
[1] "Checking to see if your internet connection works..."
Error in install.packages2(probepackage, lib = lib) :
        recursive default argument reference
"
Alternatively, when I use:
> getProbePackage(disdiv712aprobe)		#disdiv712aprobe is the probepackagename
Warning messages:
1: the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used in: if (package %in% c("ctest", "eda", "modreg", "mva", "nls", "stepfun",
2: the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used in: if (package == "mle") {
3: the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used in: if (package == "lqs") {
[1] "Checking to see if your internet connection works..."
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of: Win32
This will be fine for almost all users

Error in FUN(X[[2]], ...) : Malformed 'pkgs' parameter
"
I also noticed that when I execute this line, it attempts to download something from BioConductor.

As Jim already realized, this is not a public GeneChip, but did adopt a standard Affy design. I made the cdf and probe packages by myself using the functions in BioConductor. The R version I am using is R2.0.1, the gcrma package is from the BioConductor 1.5 release.
Thanks!
wenqiong
.