[BioC] getBioC and install.packages2 fail

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Thu Mar 31 00:52:29 CEST 2005

Arne,

Seth is very likely to be correct. Reading help("download.file") shows
that the default method is "internal" and it appears that your internal
method does not care about proxies etc.

In the details section of help("download.file"), you will find

    Method '"wget"' can be used with proxy firewalls which require
    user/password authentication if proper values are stored in the
    configuration file for 'wget'.

and to setup the configuration file for 'wget' see the "Setting Proxies"
section under the same help file.

Was there a specific reason for using the argument method="wget" in
getBioC() ?

Regards, Adai