[BioC] loess and duplicate correlation

Dennis Hazelett hazelett at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 31 19:33:12 CEST 2005

Hi Gordon,
Thanks, that clears up the issue for me. I had a hunch this might be the
case but I wanted to hear it from someone who understands the statistics
better than I. The reason I say I'm "wary of normalization" isn't that I
dispute the evidence that it removes unwanted variation inherent in the
technology. It is mainly because I'm wary of my ability to apply it
correctly. ;-)
-d