[BioC] expresso problem

Jianping Jin jjin at email.unc.edu
Tue May 3 23:16:47 CEST 2005

Hi Bioconducter:

I ran expresso of Affy package on R version 2.1.0 as below:

>  dataRMA_norm_loess <- expresso(data, bgcorrect.method="rma",
+ normalize.method="loess", pmcorrect.method="pmonly",
summary.method="medianpolish")

The error message I got was:

background correction: rma
normalization: loess
PM/MM correction : pmonly
expression values: medianpolish
background correcting...Error in bg.correct(afbatch, method =
bgcorrect.method) :
        no direct or inherited method for function 'bg.correct' for this
call

If I ran with bg.correct="rma" and left the rest the same, I got:

Error in expresso(data, bg.correct = "rma", normalize.method = "loess",  :
        unimplemented type 'character' in 'asLogical'

Note: data is the loaded .CEL files from the estrogen package as well as
the phenotypic data.

Anything wrong?

Thanks!

JP-