[BioC] segmentation error in pamr.knnimpute

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed May 4 15:49:48 CEST 2005

Hi Alice,

Alice Le Bars <alice.le-bars at nantes.inserm.fr> writes:
> I am in trouble with pamr.knnimpute (library pamr) When I use this
> function in a "for" loop with matrix of 4 samples at each loop, R
> does a segmentation fault which ends with a fatal error (R close
> itself) I used this function previously with 8 samples and 1327
> genes and it worked.

In order for us to try and help, please tell us:

- Your version of R and version of pamr
- Show us the code that is breaking (the for loop), if possible
- Tell us about the resources available on the machines you've tried
  this on (how much memory is the important thing).

The segfaulting you are reporting sounds like out of memory behavior,
but could also be a bug in pamr.  But you'll need to help of with much
more detail...

+ seth