[BioC] limma how to ignoring background

M PEREZ perezperezmm at yahoo.es
Thu May 5 19:12:16 CEST 2005

Hi,
I think that normalizeWithinArrays correct for background
by default, so could be a good idea if you are going to do intrachip normalization add this
MA <- normalizeWithinArrays(RG.no.background, bg.method="none")

HTH
Manuel

Sean Davis <sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov> escribió:
If RG is your RGList (from read.maimages), use:

RG.no.background <- backgroundCorrect(RG,method='none')

This will take out all background values so that they will not be used
in further analysis.

Sean