[BioC] limma how to ignoring background

M PEREZ perezperezmm at yahoo.es
Fri May 6 10:41:48 CEST 2005

yeah, I think you are righ, you can choose between two options. if you use
MA <- normalizeWithinArrays(RG, method="loess", bc.method="none") you can save just a little bit of code..

Manuel

Guoneng Zhong <guoneng.zhong at yale.edu> escribió:

Having looked at the help files for normalizeWithinArrays and backgroundCorrect,
I wonder if it is redundant to do both. I mean, if I do:

RG.no.background <- backgroundCorrect(RG,method='none')

Do I need to do?:

MA <- normalizeWithinArrays(RG.no.background,method="loess",bc.method="none")

Systems Programmer
Yale Center for Medical Informatics
fax: 203-737-5708

Quoting M PEREZ
:

> sorry is bc.method="none" , instead bg.method... I misspelled it
>
> Manuel
>
> Guoneng Zhong escribió:
> So based on the two responses, should I have this:
>
> # note that the background is using the standard deviation columns just as
> place
> holder

RG<-read.maimages(targets$FileName,columns=list(Rf="C5_Signal_Median",Rb="C5_Signal_SD",Gf="C3_Signal_Median",Gb="C3_Signal_SD"),annotation=c('Sel_Crt','Probe_Seq','Fea