[BioC] Tiger, R, Bioconductor

Cyrus Harmon ch-bioc at bobobeach.com
Fri May 6 22:53:27 CEST 2005

64-bits aside, I'd appreciate an update on what the community
consensus is regarding Tiger and BioC. Now that I've managed to build
R for Tiger, I'm trying to install various BioC packages and running
into trouble. Two initial problems:

1. gcrma can't seem to find the R framework (granted, this is
installed in a non-standard location, but other packages seem to be
able to do this fine)

2. SparseM doesn't seem to like the gfortran compiler.

3. affyPLM has a log2 function which conflicts with the defintion in
math.h. In particular, the LESN.c version is declared static and the
math.h one isn't. GCC 4 chokes on this.

I'm sure there's more, but this are the initial show-stoppers for me.

Thanks,

Cyrus