[BioC] metadata zzz.R files use delay - breaks r-devel,

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Sat May 7 00:23:31 CEST 2005

Hi again Cyrus,
  It looks like you are using R's development release (2.2.0 candidate).
That is not supported by any version of BioC right now. We need a few
weeks to transition and during that time BioC 1.5 remains valid for R
2.0.x, BioC devel, release 1.6 candidate, is valid for R 2.1.0 and
there is no version that is guaranteed to work against 2.2.0. We are
trying to make the cycle as short as possible.

  Best wishes,
     Robert

in R 2.1.0, released for about 2 weeks delay is deprecated, in R devel
it is indeed defunct, three weeks ago it was fine - not much we can do
if things move that quickly

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |