[BioC] Sending email with limma?

Francois Pepin fpepin at aei.ca
Sat May 7 22:32:41 CEST 2005

Hi Gisberto,

It's not really Limma's job to do that. It wouldn't be difficult at all
to get a simple script running that takes care of them.

On a unix-y system, I'd probably just save it to file (write.table does
the trick) and then do system() calls to the mail command or something
similar.

(assuming fit is a MArrayML object from lmFit)

> write.table(topTable(fit), file='temp.txt')
> system('mail -s limmaFit user at example.com < temp.txt')
> system('rm temp.txt')

Any other scripting languages should let you do something like that as
well.

Francois

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 04:08, gisberto.cicero wrote:
> Hi bioconductor group,
>
> I am using the limma package for most of microarray analyses in our Department
> (Genetic). It is extremely useful. I would like to share results with the
> other group member. Does anyone have a function that would email the toptable
> automatically to a groupware server or list of email recipients? Or is such
> feature planned?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Gisberto Cicero

François Pepin

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is
play. Z is keep your mouth shut."   Albert Einstein