[BioC] makecdfenv bug

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon May 9 16:05:55 CEST 2005

Hi Cyrus,

Cyrus Harmon <ch-bioc at bobobeach.com> writes:
> In the makecdfenv-1.5.1 package there is, I think, a bug in the file
> read_cdf_xda.c.

Thanks for the report.

> The following patch at least enables makecdfenv to compile for me:

and the patch!

> In the future, should things like this go to the BioC list or to the
> maintainers of the specific package?

Reports and patches of this nature should be sent to the package
maintainer and, if you like, to the bioc-devel list.  I like the idea
of using the bioc-devel forum for discussion such bugs.

I'd like to see the main bioconductor list (this one) remain more
oriented toward end users.  So, in general, development related
questions of a more software engineering nature should be directed to
bioc-devel.

BTW, thank you for your recent burst of reports and comments.
Although we're not always able to be as responsive as we'd like, we
really do appreciate such efforts and they are essential to the
development of the project.

Best,

+ seth