[BioC] AffyBatch to ProbeSet? SpikeIn and Hgu-133?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu May 12 19:27:29 CEST 2005

Mohammad Esad-Djou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1. I would like to convert Hgu-133 experiment from AffyBatch to ProbeSet.  Is it possible ?  If yes, how?

Well, if you mean the ProbeSet class, then you would use the probeset()
accessor function. If you simply want all the probes for each probeset
in e.g., a list, you would use probes(abatch, LISTRUE=TRUE). Note that
you will have to extract the PM and MM data separately.

> 2. Relationship between SpikeIn and Hgu-133 is unclear to me.  Can someone explain to me? Is there literature in addition?

The HG-U133A is an Affymetrix chip whereas the Spike-in could be one of
two experiments that were run by Affymetrix using HG-95A and HG-U133ATAG
chips. I doubt that answers your question, but I am not sure exactly
what you are trying to determine. Can you rephrase the question?

Best,

Jim