[BioC] AffyBatch to ProbeSet? SpikeIn and Hgu-133?

Mohammad Esad-Djou shahrgol at web.de
Fri May 13 14:38:27 CEST 2005

Thanks for your answer. It helped me.

For 2. question: I would like to use HG-U133ATAG.
> > 2. Relationship between SpikeIn and Hgu-133 is unclear to me.  Can someone explain to me? Is there literature in addition?
> >

> The HG-U133A is an Affymetrix chip whereas the Spike-in could be one of
> two experiments that were run by Affymetrix using HG-95A and HG-U133ATAG
> chips. I doubt that answers your question, but I am not sure exactly
> what you are trying to determine. Can you rephrase the question?

I have a small program, which runs with "SpikeIn" in affy Package without errors: (R Ver. 2.0.1) and
SpikeIn:
ProbeSet object:id=AFFX-BioB-5_at
pm= 20 probes x 12 chips

my program:

data(SpikeIn)
pms <- pm(SpikeIn)
mms <- mm(SpikeIn)
concentrations <- matrix(as.numeric(sampleNames(SpikeIn)), 20, 12, byrow = TRUE)

par(mfrow = c(1, 2))
matplot(concentrations, pms, log = "xy", main = "PM", ylim = c(30,20000))
lines(concentrations[1, ], apply(pms, 2, mean), lwd = 3)
matplot(concentrations, mms, log = "xy", main = "MM", ylim = c(30,20000))
lines(concentrations[1, ], apply(mms, 2, mean), lwd = 3)

Now I would like to run same test with HG-U133ATAG.
I downloaded the file of HG-U133A_tag_description.zip.
(http://www.affymetrix.com/support/technical/sample_data/datasets.affx)

Now my questions:

1. Gor I correct file?

2. how can I use above program for HG-U133ATAG?

Best regards,
Mohammad Esad-Djou