[BioC] loading gal file using read.Galfile() in marray?

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 13 15:43:51 CEST 2005

Hi Meng-Chuan,

what package, which version, which version of R, what platform are you
using?

I have seen similar errors from marray::readGalfile, they were an
interaction between the "locale" (i.e. the way your operating system
and/or R represents characters as bytes) and the way that that funtion
is programmed.

Hard to say more though without further details.

  Cheers
   Wolfgang

Cheng, Meng-Chuan wrote:
> Hi,
> I got the following error message
>
> "Error in if (skip > 0) readLines(file, skip) :
>         missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed"
>
> when I was trying galinfo<-read.Galfile("pg.gal").
> Here is the link to the gal file: http://www.brop.org:8000/pg.gal
>
> Is there anything wrong with the pg.gal file?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Meng

Wolfgang Huber
European Bioinformatics Institute