[BioC] Deciding on a cut off after QC

Ankit Pal pal_ankit2000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 05:48:15 CEST 2005

Dear Adai,
Thank you for the detailed response.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
What you are saying is that after applying the "fdr"
I give a cut off of 0.05 for the p-value and write all
those spots into an object (positives).
That means, I do  not consider the B values.

In essence, it is just a one sample t test afetr
adjusting the p-value and taking into consideration
all those spots that have a p-value < 0.05?

>From my code in a previous mail to Gordon Smyth, I
have done a quality control (QC) using parameters and
threshold values prescribed by genepix.
I know from experience, a large number of spots do not
get through the filter.
As I understand from LIMMA, a weight of "0" is given
to any spot that does not get through the QC filter.
How do I exclude these spots from the final result
summary file?
I need to get a set of significantly differentially
expressed genes that have got through the QC filter.
How do I do it using LIMMA?
Thank you,
-Ankit

--- Adaikalavan Ramasamy <ramasamy at cancer.org.uk>