[BioC] Sequence alignment for DNA sequences

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:48:32 CEST 2005

I was thinking that ape (in CRAN) did automatic alignment, but I was wrong.

There is a BioSeq1 package which does have an interface to clustal
which might be useful;  it really needs to incorporate the BioStrings
data structures to be really useful, though.

I can send it if it is of interest.  (it may or may not work; and
would be a source package, not a binary package, requiring some
building -- it used to work).

best,
-tony