[BioC] makeProbePackage problem

Liqun He Liqun.He at mbb.ki.se
Wed May 18 18:50:46 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I am trying to make a CDF package and probe package on a custom chip,
which is not inside the affy package. I am using a redhat linux system,
with R2.1.0 installed.
First I create CDF package using the cdf file.
>make.cdf.package(chipx.CDF)
Reading CDF file.
Creating CDF environment
Creating package in /../chipxcdf
[1] "chipxcdf"
it produce a cdf package subdirectory "chipxcdf"

Then on the root terminal I do
>R CMD INSTALL chipxcdf
* Installing *source* package 'chipxcdf' ...
** R
** data
** help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'chipxcdf'
     Formats: text html latex example
** building package indices ...
*DONE (chipxcdf)

Then I am trying to create probe package using the makeProbePackage as
described and met the problem.
> library(matchprobes)
> library(chipxcdf)
> makeProbePackage("chipxcdf", datafile=gzfile("chipx_probe_.tab.gz",
open ="r"),maintainer="me", version="0.0.1" )
Importing the data.
Error in library("chipxcdf") : there is no package called 'chipxcdf'

I don't know why I have this error message, Could someone point out
what's wrong and give a help?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Liqun