[BioC] affycomp and data.frame

Mohammad Esad-Djou shahrgol at web.de
Wed May 18 20:30:12 CEST 2005

Hello,

I try through affycomp different methods with one another compare.

I have step by step instructions of http://affycomp.biostat.jhsph.edu/#whatisthis used:

>>Data and instructions
>>Download the spike-in and dilution data sets.

>>Spike-in hgu133a Data
>>Affymetrix's Spike-in hgu133a Experiment CEL files [gzip-compressed tar-archive]

>>Description file for this data [text]

::: I downloaded.

>>2. Obtain expression measures (in original scale, NOT log scale) for any or all of the datasets, and write each as a comma-delimited text file as follows:
>>For R users, if x is matrix with probe set IDs as rownames and filenames as colnames, the command write.table(data.frame(x,check.names=FALSE),file="filename.csv",sep=",",col.names=NA,quote=FALSE) should do the trick.
>>For convenience, we offer two example files [compressed archive] in the correct format, one for dilution and one for spike-in.

::: Iwrote:

library(affy)
library(affycomp)

data.raw <- ReadAffy(filenames="./R/ME_cel/Expt1_R1.CEL",
			"./R/ME_cel/Expt7_R2.CEL")

eset <- mas5(data.raw)

:::For data.frame I receive error message:
#write.table(eset(x,check.names=FALSE),file="filename.csv",sep=",",col.names=NA,quote=FALSE)
#Error in inherits(x, "data.frame") : couldn't find function "eset"

::: I can the following commands use, but csv file is not stored like given examples:
write.table(eset,file="filename.csv",sep=",",col.names=NA,quote=FALSE)

How can I produce correct data.frame?

Thanks,
Mohammad Esad-Djou