[BioC] LIMMA - No residual degrees of freedom in linear model fits

Ankit Pal pal_ankit2000 at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 11:35:56 CEST 2005

Hi Mick,
Thank you for replying.
I am using 2 arrays. I have a total set of 4 arrays
with 2 dye swaps, I have done an analysis with all the
4 design=c(1,-1,1,-1) and would like to see what the
result is without the dye swaps.
I need to decide if we have to use the dye swaps
atall.
I'm looking for genes with a p value < 0.05 after the
moderated t statistic.
I'm not comparing the arrays.
Why so you say 2 arrays is the problem?
How many replicate arrays do you suggest I use to get
reliable results?

>From a previous mail I sent titled "LIMMA- Warning
message after eBayes function",
I got an error for a 2 array alanysis.

> fit_NODS7 <- eBayes(fit_NODS7)

Warning message:
Estimation of var.prior failed - set to default value
in: ebayes(fit = fit, proportion = proportion,
stdev.coef.lim = stdev.coef.lim)

Is it because of the number of arrays.

Why did the same steps work for other datasets
containing 2 arrays?

Awaiting your reply,

-Ankit
--- "michael watson (IAH-C)"