[BioC] alternate /tmp for Bioconductor install

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Fri May 20 17:05:54 CEST 2005

On May 20, 2005, at 8:41 AM, Seth Falcon wrote:

> The new-and-improved (famous last words) getBioC script detects your
> version of R and downloads Bioc 1.5 for R 2.0.x and Bioc 1.6 for R
> 2.1.x.  So it would be prudent to verify your version of R and the
> version of a few Bioconductor packages.

I used TMPDIR this time and it's working great.  I pointed it to a
nice large partition.

As for the version, I did an 'apt-get install r-base libxml2-dev g77
atlas3-base-dev' which installed R v2.1.0.  So, I assume I'm now
installing BioC 1.6.  How can I tell?  That is, how can I display
what version of BioC is installed?

BTW, for notes on what I'm doing:

   http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?BioConductor

Regards,