[BioC] Trouble with Bioconductor1.6 installation, R version 2.1.0a, MacOS X 10.3.9

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat May 21 19:08:00 CEST 2005

Hi Charlie,

Charlie Whittaker <charliew at MIT.EDU> writes:
>  I'm having a hard time with getBioC() using the newest version of R
> (2.1.0a) on a 10.3.9 mac.
>
> The session output is located at:
>
> http://web.mit.edu/charliew/www/bc_install_dialog

Thanks for making the output available.  The error messages are
telling you that (unfortunately) we do not yet have OS X binary
packages available for Bioc 1.6.  We are working on them.

> Does any one have any suggestions?

Option 1 is to wait until binary packages for OSX are available.  I
would estimate the end of next week they will be there.

Option 2: if your system is configured to build packages from source
and you are willing to build R from source, then you can change type
from its default value "mac.binary" to "source".  I would only expect
this to work if you have built R from source on your Mac.  Then run
getBioC with getBioC(type="source")

+ seth