[BioC] how to run the pre-2.0.0 install add-on package

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon May 23 16:30:35 CEST 2005

weinong han <hanweinong at yahoo.com> writes:
> I wrote the command:library() and can find the package GenePattern available:
> GenePattern             ** No title available (pre-2.0.0 install?) **
> However, it cannot work, just like as below, when writing the command:
> library(GenePattern)
> Error in library(GenePattern) : there is no package called
> 'GenePattern'

The message "pre-2.0.0 install?" suggests that you may have had
GenePattern installed for an older version of R than you are currently
using.

So I would recommend:

1. Update R to the latest stable release: R 2.1.0
2. Reinstall GenePattern (which is not a Bioconductor package, BTW, so
   I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask for GenePattern
   specific help.

+ seth