[BioC] question about using bioconductor vignettes

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue May 24 20:01:45 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,
   Thanks for asking about this. Let me preface this by "I am not a
lawyer", and if it is legal advice you are seeking then you should
contact a professional. My understanding is that you need to decide
which vignettes you would like and approach the copyright holders
individualy. The project as a whole has no rights to grant you,
individual packages are owned by their authors (or much more likely by
their authors employers) and they would be in a position to say yes or no.

   Best wishes,
     Robert