[BioC] ChIP on Chip normalization

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 25 16:06:13 CEST 2005

Hi Ido,

> has anybody experience with Chromatin IP on Chip normalizations?
> We use an oligo tiling array as well as a ~500bp DNA fragments
> spotted array (which is my priority currently).
>
> Are there special normalization procedures in some of the packages?
> I couldn't find any of those yet.

Normalization always needs to be adapted to the particular platform,
quality issues etc. of the arrays at hand, but why do you think you need
a special normalization procedure for ChIP compared to RNA hybridization?

We have successfully used vsn (in the package of the same name) for
normalizing ChIP data on two-color  spotted arrays, and I know other
people have used loess-normalization (marray or limma packages) as well.
--
Best regards
   Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber