[BioC] Unable to read GPR files for LIMMA

Guoneng Zhong guoneng.zhong at yale.edu
Wed May 25 20:00:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

read.maimages seems to be fine reading five GPR (1.3) files.  But when I
tried to correct for backgrond, I get this:

 RG <- backgroundCorrect(RG,method='normexp')
Corrected array 1
Corrected array 2
Corrected array 3
Corrected array 4
Error in optim(c(beta, log(sigma), log(alpha)), sumloglik, gr =
grsumloglik,  :
        non-finite value supplied by optim

So I ignored the background and went ahead with normalization (default
one as well as loess), and did a lmFit.  So far so good, but then when I
tried with eBayes, I get this warning message:

 > fit<-eBayes(fit)
Warning message:
Estimation of var.prior failed - set to default value in: ebayes(fit =
fit, proportion = proportion, stdev.coef.lim = stdev.coef.lim)

So is there something wrong with the image files?  if so, how do I know
what it is?

Thanks,