[BioC] Rat 230 2.0 annotation package

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu May 26 15:32:13 CEST 2005

David Kipling wrote:
> Hi
>
> Although I can find the rae230a and rae230b rat annotation metadata
> packages on the Bioconductor site, there doesn't seem to be one for the
> rat 230 2.0 chip (which is the combination of rae230a and rae230b).

I see the rat2302 annotation package directly below the two you mention
above (on the website).

Anyway, going to the website and downloading the package you want is
probably the least efficient and most error prone way to do things.
Please use the available functions in the reposTools package, which will
automagically get the correct package for your particular version of R
(not that critical here, but true in a general sense).

library(reposTools)
install.packages2("rat2302")

Will get you what you want.

Note that it is not always obvious what the name of the package will be,
especially given Affy's complete inability to keep consistent naming
standards. If you know the name that Affy has given the chip, then the
package names are obvious; simply convert to lowercase and strip out any
punctuation cruft that may be in the name (spaces, underscores, hyphens,
dots, slashes, smiley faces... hey you never know with affy ;-D) e.g.,
the chip name in this case is the Rat 230_2, so the annotation package
will be rat2302, the probe package will be rat2302probe, and the cdfenv
will be rat2302cdf.

HTH,

Jim