[BioC] limma reading wrong column for GPR files

Marcus Davy MDavy at hortresearch.co.nz
Fri May 27 10:47:08 CEST 2005

You are going to have to supply more information, e.g. version of limma, call to read.maimages, etc.

I downloaded the Genepix 3.0.6 example on the axon website using read.maimages (http://www.axon.com/gn_GPR_Format_History.html) and had no problems correctly populating an RGList with the default columns headers;

genepix = list(Rf = "F635 Mean", Gf = "F532 Mean",
                Rb = "B635 Median", Gb = "B532 Median"),

This was with limma version 1.9.6.

Marcus

>>> Guoneng Zhong <guoneng.zhong at yale.edu> 26/05/2005 9:25:16 p.m. >>>
Hi,

 I have files generated by Genepix 3.0 and when I use maimages
(source="genepix") and checked the RG value (RG being the object created
by read.maimages), the red channel foreground reading and the
greenchannel foreground reading are swapped (incorrectly), but the
background channel are not swapped.  What gives?  Does the latest
version of limma know how to read Genepix v. 3 (as opposed to version
5/6, which have different column orderings).

Thanks,