[BioC] Help on Loading AgilentData into LIMMA

Nataliya Yeremenko eremenko at science.uva.nl
Tue Nov 8 00:45:45 CET 2005

I'm coming back to my problem of import of Agilent data into the
Bioconductor
limma package.
Version of R is 2.2.0
Limma as well is the newest possible as I've installed Bioconductor only
two weeks ago.

Each "target" file is Agilent 44K Human oligo microarray,
produced by FeatureExtraction 7.5.
I'm importing data into limma with:
 > RG <- read.maimages(files = targets$fileName, path = loadPath, source
= "agilent")
Afterwards checking the dimensions of RG with dim(RG) - 6195 rows only,
with no difference how many target files I've been loading.

I go further and checked the same function on another data set -
Agilent custom 11K oligo microarrays extracted as well with Feature
Extraction 7.5
(with the same default settings of Feature extraction procedure as for 44K).
And to my surprise the target files have been loaded completely into LIMMA.
Dim(RG) -  8635 rows.

So the problem is that of 44K - maybe target files are to big?

Does anybody have any suggestions?

--
Dr. Nataliya Yeremenko

Universiteit van Amsterdam