[BioC] Help on Loading AgilentData into LIMMA

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Tue Nov 8 23:54:09 CET 2005

Dear Nataliya,

David Pritchard (U Washington) has written off-line and has diagnosed the
problem. The Agilent 44K arrays contain a single double-quote character on
the last line that limma reads, which converts the rest of the file into a
gene description.

The solution is to tell limma not to look for quote characters in your
file, that is you should use

RG <- read.maimages(files=targets$fileName, path=loadPath,
source="agilent", quote="")

Hopefully this will work for you
Gordon