[BioC] averaging replicates within arrays

alex lam (RI) alex.lam at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 17:03:27 CET 2005

Dear Gordon,
Thanks for your reply. The probes are identical and every gene is replicated but not in the same number. Some are replicated 3 times and some 6 times. Is that going to be a problem?

I should rephrase the comment on the spots with zero weights. I knew that they were ignored in normalization. Are they also ignored in other limma methods? I had to explicitly exclude them in boxplot, but I guess boxplot is just a generic method.

Regards,
Alex
Alex Lam
PhD student