[BioC] AffyBatch <-> exprSet

Kort, Eric Eric.Kort at vai.org
Thu Nov 10 00:55:07 CET 2005

AffyBatch extends exprset, and the R docs describe the structure of both.  These objects allow you to keep together the expression data as well as phenotype data, etc., in one object.

For further visualization/analysis of your data, you can access the expression values in the exprset with the exprs function (which is simply an accessor function for the exprs slot of the object), as in:

mydata <- exprs(myExprSet)

mydata would then be a matrix containing the normalized summary gene expression values produced by gcrma for each case/chip, which you could plot, etc.

-Eric